Saturday, April 6, 2013

Noodle Village and Ancient Town

Left the Tirant Hotel early in the morning and drove to Cat Que, a village that makes noodles. After the noodles are made they’re put on wooden racks to dry outside. The noodles are vermicelli looking noodles. Then we went to the ancient village of Duong Lam in the Red River Delta. We saw a Buddhist Temple, pagoda and old houses in the ancient town. We saw people making sticky rice and other Vietnamese treats. There were no tourists in this town. We had lunch at a local family’s home. Then we headed for the Hanoi airport. Kathy and I had to wait nine hours in the airport before boarding our flight because the rest of the group was flying to Laos and had to be there earlier. It was nice to have Kathy to hang out. The airport was a zoo! After a six-hour plane ride to Tokyo I had a 4-hour layover. Then my flight was delayed two hours on the ground once we boarded. The flight to Dallas was eleven and a half hours. Then I missed my flight to Tampa. What a long journey home! I had a wonderful adventure!!! But I must say I’m very eager to get home! I miss my dear hubby Jay and family!!



















No comments:

Post a Comment